Streamlined, Secure Access to Any Cloud-Citrix Cloud and IGEL OS
IGEL OS and Citrix Workspace empower your distributed workforce and are an enterprise-level, secure, and high-performance combination of technologies that provide seamless access to workspaces deployed across Microsoft Azure or any cloud. The Citrix Cloud platform hosts and administers Citrix services. It helps IT admins extend existing on-premises software deployments by connecting to resources on any cloud or infrastructure.In addition,it allows IT to create, deploy,and manage secure digital workspaces with apps and data to their end-users from a single console.
OS is the next-gen edge OS for cloud-delivered digital workspaces, purpose-built for enterprise access to virtual environments. It can run on any compatible x86-64 device, and with over 100 partners, supports a vast array of remote display protocols and technology integrations. The unified endpoint management and control solution allow IT admins to deploy and manage hundreds of thousands of IGEL OS-powered endpoints from a single console. Let’s take a look at how Citrix Cloud services, Citrix Workspace and IGEL OS can accelerate your journey to the cloud by increasing choice, agility, and user experience while reducing capital expenditures and hurdles.
The Choice is Yours–Simplify Your Cloud Journey
- Citrix and IGEL enable organizations to efficiently migrate to their cloud(s) of choice,at their pace–from any infrastructure (on-prem,public cloud,private cloud, or hybrid cloud).
- Citrix is hardware agnostic as is IGEL OS,which runs on any compatible x86-64 device–PCs, laptops, all-in-one devices, and thin clients. This enables IT to use existing hardware or provide a secure BYOD strategy for the distributed workforce. IGEL OS (RPI4) is purpose-built for enterprise access to Citrix environments. IGEL OS for Arm architecture supports the NComputing RX420 (IGEL) device that is based on the Raspberry Pi 4 platform, offering you further choice of endpoint hardware.
Don’t Miss a Beat–Simplify Management and IT Agility
- IGEL OS is Citrix Ready Endpoint Premium, and Citrix Ready for Cloud validated, and stays in lockstep with the latest version of Citrix Workspace App,and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Achieve eagle-eyed visibility with Citrix and IGEL through unified endpoint management and control.
- The IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS) enables IT to easily configure up to 300,000 IGEL OS-powered endpoint devices from a single console. Drag and drop to connect to new workloads or move users from on-prem to cloud workloads.
- The Citrix Cloud platform hosts and administers Citrix services by connecting to resources on any cloud or infrastructure.It creates, manages,and deploys workspaces with apps and data to your end-users from a single console.
- IGEL OS provides seamless integration with enterprise software and peripherals through IGEL’s ecosystem of over 100 integrated technologies.
From the Edge to the Cloud–Protect System Integrity
- Citrix in the cloud and modular, read-only IGEL OS at the endpoint with IGEL’s “chain of trust” helps boost end-to-end security. Each discrete step of the chain of trust validates the cryptographic signature of the next,only starting if it is signed by a trusted party (e.g.,UEFI Secure Boot, IGEL OS bootloader, Linux kernel, IGEL OS partitions, and cloud certificate).
- Built-in enterprise-level security and Universal Management Suite, IGEL’s management console enables the IT admin to monitor every workspace in real-time and automatically push security updates helping to mitigate fraudulent access and breeches.
- While working with IGEL OS, no data is stored on the endpoint device–even if your people use their own PC or notebook, all data is stored in the cloud and not on the user’s private hardware. As a result,your network edge is more secure, and compliance with key security requirements like GDPR becomes easier.
Maximize User Experience–Streamline Workflows Across Any Device
- Provide the rich, productive user experience your workforce expects on any compatible device from any location. Citrix Workspace makes it easy for people to find everything they need. Every app, desktop,and file—all together in one place, regardless of where they are stored, orchestrated by Citrix Cloud services.
- Citrix Workspace and IGEL OS enable high-fidelity unified communications optimized for MS Teams and Zoom. In addition, IGEL OS supports offloading much of the multimedia processing to the local operating system while running critical real-time communications components on the device.
Optimize, Re-use and Save to Accelerate the Time-to-Value of Your Cloud Investment
- Faster cloud access with fewer headaches and hurdles. Accelerate time-to-value of your cloud investment with faster onboarding. IGEL OS can be deployed on your existing hardware remotely with IGEL’s management console within hours.
- Seamless integration through IGEL’s ecosystem of over 100 integrated technologies and Citrix Ready for Cloud.
- End-to-end enterprise level security for all users.
- Optimized for unified communications, IGEL and Citrix deliver a high fidelity,immersive unified communications and multimedia experience.
- Significant CapEx savings by repurposing existing endpoint device hardware.
- Reduce OpEx by subscribing to only those cloud services necessary for your organization.
- Enhance your workspace capabilities while reducing the total cost of ownership by building on your existing hardware and infrastructure. With IGEL and Citrix you can leverage a solution that works in unison to power your transition to the cloud with confidence.
Learn more About Citrix & IGEL
Learn more about how Citrix and IGEL enable your workforce to work securely and seamlessly in our Infographic. Download the Infographic